Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happiest of New Years!

This year, like most years, Jake and I ended up sleeping through New Years. I'm sure watching Snooki from Jersey Shore run around like a hamster in a ball was exciting, but it wasn't for us. Instead, we went to bed at a decent hour. After all, we had to take my sister Ali to the airport early in the AM.

Here is a picture of her I stole from her Facebook...I was a terrible blogger and didn't take any pictures while she was here, but this picture was too awesome to pass up.



Please note, the bright colors and super awesome OMG look on her face. Yes...we had quite the extended weekend together. First off, was a Tour de Cupcake. We decided to visit 3 of Salt Lake's finest Cupcakeries, get the cakes, then decide which we liked best. 13,200 calories later, The Sweet Tooth Fairy won. Yum!

Then, we got pedicures (she selected bright pink toes with bright yellow tips), went shopping, visited Gardner Village, and giggled...a lot...so much so that I think Jake was ready to move out!

I try not to make New Year's Resolutions (because I don't keep them), but one thing I am going to do as soon as possible is try to be more like my sister. She is who she is and she loves it! She is easy going, loves bright colors and seems to have figured out how to find joy in every day. Maybe we should all be more like this spunky 13-year-old...not as a resolution, but as a new way of life!

I hope you all have a Happy New Years!

1 comment:

LuLuLoves said...

Love it and thank you and i really enjoyed getting out of the house and seeing you was super fun
love Ali