Saturday, January 15, 2011

Margherita Pizza


There is nothing like a good Margherita Pizza...and it is so simple and easy to make! All you need is tomato sauce (I sometimes make a pasta sauce and use the leftovers - but for this pizza, I just used a jar of spaghetti sauce I had open), good mozzerella, and fresh basil. We were going for the gourmet rustic look tonight - but if you want your pizza to look like a perfect circle with perfectly placed cheese - go for it! That is the fun of making your own pizza!

Ingredients:
Fresh Pizza Dough (recipe below)
1c Pizza sauce/spaghetti sauce (or more to taste)
1 ball of fresh mozzerella
4-5 fresh basil leaves

Spread your sauce evenly over the pizza crust. Squeeze any water out of the fresh mozzerella with a clean towel/cheesecloth/paper towel. Tear pieces of the cheese into evenish chunks over the sauce. Tear the basil leaves onto the pizza. Now, you could make this fancier and evenly place everything - but this is the way we do it when we miss eating pizza in Italy!

2 comments:

Grant Family said...

Looks delicious!
Can't believe you're avidly blogging! WOW! I haven't checked for a while and here you are! Good to hear that you're doing alright and that you have a new nephew! =)

Carrie and Jake Kresser said...

Haha! I know...I needed a hobby! We'll see how long it lasts! I hope your move went well!